With the growing influence of handheld devices, responsive web design becomes a must in the sphere of website development. It saves a lot of time and money and guarantees perfect user experience – that is exactly what all users are searching for.
Here is a list of tools for creation of responsive web design:
- Layout, Wireframes and Prototyping
- The process of creation of the website usually starts with sketching
This tool created by James Mellers for Adobe shows the influence of responsive elements in the typical layouts. Also it helps to find out what areas are the most important in the interacting between different devices. This tool has a variety of mockups for homepage, entry, product details and comparison pages. Also here you will be able to check how your mockup will act on different platforms and various devices.
Multi-Device Layout Patterns
Here you will find a categorization of the mobile-responsive designs and layouts and will see how they work.
Is a must-have for designers who value content. It is a tool for structuring the content using that fully-functional wireframes. Knowledge of HTML and CSS is a must for using the Wirefy.
CSS and Fluid Grids
- Style Tiles
- This tool proposes a possibility to create a style of the web that both designer and client will like.
- Bootstrap simplifies prototyping greatly with help of Customize feature. just choose the elements and get a finished version of your website will all CSS, plugins and other tools.
- Gridset creates different layouts that can be shared with colleagues.
- Adobe Edge Reflow is a new incomplete tool from Adobe that will create responsive layouts, grid systems, media queries
Responsive Graphics, Fonts and Videos
- Adaptive Images checks the size and orientation of the screen and automatically rescales the images according to it.
- Retina Images helps to display hi-res images, showing only one image at a time. As e result, the server has no excess load time and the tool automatically changes your image once you have set the height and width attributes.
- Blueberry is an image slider that works with mobile-responsive designs.
- And don’t forget to test, test and test your websites to check their work in different platforms.
Creative and well-thought-out development and design are the two essentials of success of the website. However, without cooperation and mutual understanding between developers and designers the process of creation of the website can become a nightmare. Here you will find great tips and tools that will help you to succeed in creation of the site.
- Get acquainted with the basics. Any designer and developer should know the basis not only of their craft, but also HTML, CSS and Photoshop. Surfing through the Internet it is possible to find useful lessons that cover the basics of these disciplines.
- Gather the font library that you will use afterwards when creating sites. For example, you can use DaFont resource to keep track of all fonts used in the development and designing.
- Use simple tools, for example, Limpsum to generate fake placeholder texts or images for the designs.
- Use ideas of other designers – we mean, not actually steal the ideas of others, but look through them and take the bits there and there to create something new and great. For example, you can use Snipt to search for code snippets. Look through the examples of great designs through the Internet.
- Enhance your Photoshop by adding necessary tools, brushes, shapes and so on.
- Use CSS code generator to create complex CSS code. Consider using the CSS3 Generator, the CSS3 Maker, and the CSS3 Border Radius Generator.
- Stop spending tons of money on resources, start using free ones – you can use free images, backgrounds, icons, and more at places like Design Kindle, and PSD Collector.
- Use programming-friendly text editor, that will hit the spot of all your needs.
- Always check the work of your site on different screens, browsers and devices
- Use frameworks for creation of the website, as with its help you will simplify and fasten the process greatly. For example, you can use Blueprint, Ruby on Rails, Zend and CakePHP or Django.
There is no need to spend hundreds of dollars on your graphic toolkit, as there are dozens of free online tools that make the same job and you get impressive results. Graphics are essential for the success of your website as it helps to bring your message to your customers.
Here is a handpicked list of free useful tools for creation of infographics, graphics, memes and GIFs.
- Canva is an online photo editor that proposes a set of options for creation of great visual content. Just sign in and you will get access to multiple free layouts and tools. Here it is possible to upload and change your photo using the tools proposed by Canva.
- BeFunky is another online photo editor that is able to help you to create perfect images. You even do not need to sign up to use the editing tools of the editor.
- PicMonkey is one of the most enhanced online photo editing and creating tools. There is also a Royale version of the editor that proposes a bunch of extra effects and tools.
- Fotor requires the sign up and it worth it, mark our words. With its help you will be able to edit all kinds of visual content.
- Share as Image is a tool that helps to turn any image into a graphic with added text, filter and texture. Used free images will contain a watermark. Premium package ($8 per month) of the tool removes the watermarks.
- Pixlr allows the users to adjust and fix photos, replace colors, change the shapes of objects and make many other interesting things.
- Infogr.am proposes a possibility to import data from Excel to an infographic. You can select more than 30 kinds of graphics and publish completed feature.
- Polarr edits uploaded photos using filters, frames, contrast, exposure and many other effective tools.
- Piktochart allows choosing layout for the infographics from the vast library, the amount of which depends on the selected package.
- WordSwag is an iOS-based tool for creating text designs.
- Recite shows you how your text will look like in different designs.
- Infoactive creates interactive infographics based on the data taken from Excel.
Here we have gathered the best free and paid software, websites with free Java scripts, buttons, PHP codes and guidelines that will come in handy when you will decide to create top-notch website.
- com proposes useful tutorials for beginners and mediums in html, xhtml and data driven websites. Even experts in this sphere will find a lot of interesting stuff here.
- AAA Button website also proposes free great tools for making cool customized buttons for links. Select the color palette of the future button, summary of words to use and the site will create buttons for you.
- co.uk is a place where you can solve any problem you have with contact forms of your websites. Fill in the forms of your future contact form of your website and then copy the code into the code of your website.
- Notepad ++ is a free source code editor and serve as a replacement of the Notepad.
- Macromedia suite has several tools for designing websites (Dreamwearver), editing and cropping images (Fireworks), making flash images (Flash). Adobe Products propose also many other useful tools for improving the quality of websites, check them.
- Microsoft Front page Software proposes a demo that you can try out in making of perfect sites.
- Joomla is a tool of creation of CMS websites. Open source Joomla Content Management Software can be of a great help in the development of tools.
- Drupal helps to create dynamic websites.