If you want to add freshness and originality to your blog, think of great banners and headers. You can create them with help of PicMonkey simply following these steps:
- Look through Picmonkey and find Collage feature there (there is a possibility to select the Design feature and if you do so, proceed to step 5).
- Search for the Layouts sub function and click a frame called Ducks in a Row. After you select a number of squares, save it. It is advisable to save the frame to the desktop – thus you will be able to find the template for your banner quickly. The squares will be empty to the moment when you upload your photos there.
- Proceed to PicMonkey homepage and search for Edit a Photo function.
- First, click the Resize button – with its help you will be able to change the size of the photos and specify the size of your future banner. And do not forget to click Apply!
- Take into consideration that banner is a carrier of the name of your blog and it also can work as a tagline. That is why it is essential to select appropriate font, size and colors of the text. In order to find a text tool for your banner, click P button on the screen.
- If you want to add some creativity to the banner, use overlays. You can select the one proposed by PicMonkey or use your own, though, mind that the site accepts only .jpeg overlays. It can be a clip art, image, symbol etc.
- Add Texture and Frames to your banner. Look through the proposed options, however, mind that some of them won’t work with the size of the banner, so it is necessary to try them until you find the one you like.
- Save your creation to the newly created folder on your PC. Thus you will be able to find them quickly and apply them to your blog.
- Add the banner to the blog – search for the Layout of your website, select Header. In the box that will appear, click the “From your computer” button and select the item (that is exactly why we strongly recommend to create separate folders or save items to the desktop). In case if the width of the banner doesn’t coincide with the width of the page, adjust the width with help of Template designer.
Following these steps you will also be able to create your own customized buttons for the blog.